Amidst the pandemic, running has become a refuge for many. Not only does it help you stay fit, but it also provides a relatively safe way to see the outside world. If you’re keen to start your running journey, remember that it is important to use the proper gear, especially for your feet, the body part that makes running possible. adidas just released the Ultraboost 22, a running developed thoroughly and meticulously for women by women.
So, if you’re a woman who likes to run, read on and see if this is the pair for you.
What makes the adidas UltraBoost 22 so special?
Php 9,000 for a shoe is not cheap, but adidas did put on the work to make sure that the technology behind the shoe justified its price. Tapping into women-specific insights and using an online anatomy database of 1.2 million foot scans, conducted and analyzed by footwear and technology researchers Jura, Žabkar & Džerosk (2019). From that, Adidas design team identified key differences across instep height, heel anatomy and females’ gait cycle trends and re-engineered and refined the Ultraboost last to better reflect the female foot.
“We created the adidas Ultraboost 22, by taking a more holistic approach to the way we design our running shoes. The Ultraboost 22 is crafted with the goal of supporting our female running community by providing them with a shoe that delivers ultimate expression of comfort and responsiveness,” adidas Running Senior Product Manager Nora Wilimzig said.
Key features of the UltraBoost 22 include:
- A new upper and Linear Energy Push (LEP) Torsion system combined with the iconic BOOST midsole to deliver superior energy return–4% more than the Ultraboost 21 for women.
- A newly-designed outsole for a more responsive ride.
- An updated PrimeKnit+ system that has forged zones made with yarn containing 50% Parley Ocean Plastic, providing an adaptive fit.
- 360° fit improvement based on the female anatomy that reflects a narrower heel, a lower instep and keeps the unique S-curve heel that works in harmony with the heel counter to let the Achilles tendon move freely.
So, what do you think of the latest UltraBoost from adidas? Don’t forget to check out our other sneaker stories on the site:
- Nike Enters The Metaverse: Are We Ready for NFT Sneakers?
- Top Recommended Sneaker Stores to Visit in Manila
- A Closer Look at the Nike LDWaffle x Sacai x UNDERCOVER