After revealing plans of entering the Metaverse, SNK ATK announces its fourth collection called “Dark Days”. What makes this collection special is that it comes in both physical and digital form–the latter made possible through a partnership with virtual fashion platform DressX.
Dark Days is a collection that focuses on the future of clothing and is part of SNK ATK’s realignment of its brand vision. The whole collection was designed in 3D and is tied to a digital wearable through a scannable code included in the packaging. The code leads to a virtual item at the DressX platform, where the user can wear the item virtually using AR and share it through social media, use as an avatar, or keep it in their virtual closet.
“Our digital design process helps us simulate how a garment looks, drapes, and behaves even before we create the first sample; streamlining the prototyping phase and reducing the amount of fabric wastage, which can only be a good thing for the environment.” SNK ATK Co-founder & Creative Director Psalm Alfafara explains.
“We’re probably one of, if not the only clothing brand in the Philippines that designs everything fully digitally in 3D, and we’re just only beginning to scratch the surface of this method.”
As for making the collection available both physically and digitally, Alfafara explains that we live our lives not just in the real world, but also through our different online personas–through NFTs and the growth of Web3. “We’re already living in the future, why shouldn’t we dress like it?” Alfafara adds.
The collection consists of 7 pieces that comprise:
- UMBRA Noragi Jacket, a reworked outerwear piece with Japanese “noragi” styling. It’s designed for wear in tropical conditions and also works as a lightweight shell in temperate climes. It comes with side zippers for access to messenger bags, an internal sling for easy carry, a water-repellent fabric, mesh vents for breathability, 2-way stretch, and antistatic and UV protection.
The “Dark Days” collection is on pre-order at the SNK ATK website. Pricing of the pieces are as follows:
- UMBRA Noragi Jacket – Php 9,999
- TANTO Technical Trousers – Php 8,499
- RYUDO PS Pants – Php 6,499
- ENEMY MKIII Hoodie – Php 2,499
- 3D Cut Longline shirt – Php 1,499
- OS Pocket Shirt – Php 999
- OS Graphic Shirt – Php 999